Saturday, October 17, 2009

Détente

After weeks of back-and-forth negotiations, I’ve finally secured an apparent stalemate in my battle with the apartment cleaning service. For weeks I’ve been trying – requesting, cajoling and begging – the service staff to reduce the level of service to no avail. I find it disconcerting to return to the apartment and have everything put away / cleaned up. I’d rather that they just change the towels and sheets every few days, and do nothing more. Maybe mop every couple of weeks. But, really, this is impossible. All I can manage to do is have the windows not opened (a pain when you want to just come back and turn the AC on) and to occasionally have staff refrain from putting away my things.

On the plus side, apparently the door for the freezer is coming soon. This is very important because the freezer is a unit within the refrigerator, so without a door the entire refrigerator is really a freezer, even at the lowest setting. My milk hasn’t melted in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment